Nestled to the south of the stunning Pewsey Vale in the Avon Valley, and less than 10 minutes from Stonehenge, the Dog & Gun Inn is a traditional 17th century coaching inn, beautifully restored in 2019.
The main pub is open all day (except on Mondays, and Sunday evenings) from breakfast, through elevenses and lunch to a full evening restaurant service. Our menus focus on classic dishes “with a twist”, drawing on exceptional ingredients which are responsibly and ethically sourced. Check out our daily specials board and don’t forget to sample one of our scrumptious puddings or home-made ice-cream!
Each of our five cosy bedrooms has an individual feel and style combining both contemporary and classic design features, including exposed brick and flint walls, oak beams, vaulted ceilings and claw-footed baths.
The Dog and Gun Inn lies in the village of Netheravon, in the heart of Salisbury Plain. We are conveniently located 10 minutes north from the A303, the main route to the West Country.
We are the perfect base for visiting Salisbury with its 13th-century cathedral, vibrant city centre and racecourse or exploring the world famous Stonehenge and its award-winning visitor centre.
The whole area is a walker’s paradise and provides a fantastic opportunity to pull on your boots and explore. The attractive market towns of Marlborough and Devizes are a stone’s throw away as are the ancient stone circles and impressive National Trust manor house at Avebury. Slightly further field are Bath and Winchester with a plentiful range of wet-weather activities available in Swindon.
* Food service: Breakfast 8.30am – 10am, Lunch 12pm- 2.30pm, Dinner – 6pm – 9pm, Sunday lunch 12pm – 4pm.
Monday - pub closed (hotel rooms open on room only basis)
- Bar - As well as our candlelit piano bar/restaurant area there is a traditional snug bar and games room complete with retro board games and a billiards table
- Serve breakfast - Except on Mondays when the main pub is closed to the public
- Serve evening meal - Except on Sundays and Mondays
- Serve lunch - Except on Mondays Serves Local Food - All produce is responsibly and ethically sourced.
- Special dietary requirements catered for
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Children's menu
- Al Fresco Dining
- Available for wedding receptions - Our beautiful on site Barn can cater for all types of events and weddings and the pub itself is also available to hire on an exclusive basis in conjunction with the Barn.
- Beer Garden
- Conference facilities - Private meeting room can be provided, and full conference facilities available in our Barn
- Dog Friendly
- Family Friendly
- Free car parking
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Locally-sourced produce
- Log Fire
- On-site car parking
- Open All Year
- Pets accepted
- In countryside
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Accept Bank Transfers, Internet Payment or SWIFT/IBAN
- All major credit cards accepted
- American Express accepted
- Cash accepted - Limit £500
- Contactless payment accepted
Map & Directions
From London or the South – leave the A303 at Amesbury Countess Roundabout to join the A345 heading North. The Dog & Gun Inn is located after a further 10 minutes’ drive on your right hand side.
From the North, M4 – follow directions to Pewsey and join the A345 heading South to Salisbury. The Dog & Gun Inn can be seen on the left as you enter the village of Netheravon,15-20 minutes drive from Pewsey.
Public Transport Directions
Twice hourly trains from London Waterloo to Grateley Station or London Paddington to Pewsey Station (both 18 mins from the Inn). Taxis from the station can be prebooked.
X5 bus Salisbury – Marlborough route, stops round the corner from the Inn.