AboutBeside the Abbey Church in Malmesbury and straddling the River Avon, this truly spectacular 5 acre garden has brought praise from around the world.
These are just some of the comments from our visitor’s book:
‘I thought I’d seen all the best gardens in the world – until now!’
‘The loveliest truly English garden on the planet!’
'This garden alone made my visit to the UK worthwhile’.
With over 1000 years of history, burial place of an English King, knot gardens, herb gardens, river walk, monastic fish ponds, waterfall, over 2,000 different roses (largest collection in the UK), over 100,000 tulips, 10,000 different plants with constant colour from March to November, these 5 acres are a must see garden and history experience with an approximately half hour drive from Bath.
p.s. you can even get married here!’
We are open 11am – 5.30pm from 21st March to 31st October.
|2020 (21 Mar 2020 - 31 Oct 2020)|
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Plant Sales
- On-Site café/restaurant - Light refreshment
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- In town/city centre
- French spoken
- Min group size - 20
- Special group rates
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
Printed Material in Foreign Languages
- French printed material
- German printed material
- Japanese printed material
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given - Please contact website for details
- Guided Tours Available for Groups - Length of tour approximately 80 minutes
Map & Directions
From M4 jct 17, Stanton St Quinton roundabout take exit signposted Cirencester. Continue on A429 entering through Lower Stanton St Quinton, continue on A429 through Corston and Burton Hill and on entering Malmesbury at Priory Post take second exit onto High Street (signposted town centre) - Market Cross at the top of High Street. Total - 7 miles.
Public Transport Directions
From Chippenham bus station - 10 miles. Monday - Friday service no. 92/93 departs on the hour every hour to Malmesbury - approximate time 35 minutes.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good96
- cezaraszekeresStoke-on-Trent, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesAmazingSaturday, 15th February 2020Best trip ever , friendly family and staff , the gardens are amazing, the place very clean full of history and cozy x best night away in the country side ❤️😍Really enjoyed it ❤️looking forward to... Read full review
- elli sGuildford, United Kingdomgirls night away to celebrate a friends birthdaySunday, 1st March 2020Had a lovely night here with 3 girlfriends to celebrate a friends birthday. The accommodation is spacious, full of character and the owners are friendly and available if needed. The gardens are... Read full review
- ozjohn_travellerSydneyTotally unexpected, never to be forgotten garden. Brilliant!Friday, 10th April 2020I was visiting Malmesbury Abbey. As I exited I saw a sign suggesting I was passing one of the finest gardens in England. Travelling from Australia, the challenge was irresistible. This is magnificent... Read full review