AboutThis summer, get the whole family off the sofa and out into the great outdoors at Westonbirt Arboretum. To help you keep the kids entertained throughout the summer holidays, there's a very special family activity trail and programme of arts and craft events to help you keep the kids entertained throughout the summer holidays.
And Kids Go Free from 26 July to 2 September – so you'll be able to keep the kids entertained all the way through the summer holidays.
Get moving along the Tree Champions Family trail – make your way through the Arboretum and compete against family members to run as far as a seed travels, take on some tree gymnastics, or perhaps take on the tree ring hula hoop challenge! Along the way, you'll discover some tree champions and learn about their surprising feats and records.
Or give your creative skills a workout, at one of our arts and craft family events:
• Seed Champions, Monday 29 July to Friday 2 August. Discover record-breaking seeds as you create your very own seed bombs and berry juice art!
• Growing Champions, Monday 5 to Friday 9 August. Discover the giants and have fun playing with microscopes!
• Team Champions, Monday 12 to Friday 16 August: Investigate the remarkable ways trees work together and have a go at making a group mandala.
• Going for Green, Monday 19 to Friday 23 August: Explore the champion leaves that make trees grow and have a go at some leaf rubbing art.
• Good for Age Champions, Monday 26 to Friday 30 August: See the trees that grow old gracefully and the youngsters in a hurry!
The trail and the events are all free after admission to the Arboretum, and anyone under the age of 18 can go free to the Arboretum from 26 July to 2 September.
Free after admission. Kids go free to Westonbirt from 26 July to 2 September.
Sorry, this event has passed